Japan Guide & Information Japan Guide & Information

UPDATE | January 30, 2019

[Examination Guide] Information for entrance into a " Professional Training College " for international students

It is Basic information for foreign international students to advance to " Professional Training College ". Let's start preparing for Professional Training College education by roughly checking the characteristics of Japanese Professional Training College , main application conditions, entrance examination method, cost etc.

  • Share
  • facebook
  • Twitter
  • LINE

● Features of " Professional Training College " in Japan

There are three types of Professional Training College in Japan: "National" established by the country, "public" established by local governments, etc., school corporation or "private" established by the corporation. Most Professional Training College Japan are private schools.

The term of study is two years in principle, but in the case of a school that aims to acquire professional national qualifications such as medical technology and nursing, it will be three to four years.

Also, in the course where you can acquire the title of "advanced professional" to acquire advanced vocational skills, the term of study will be over 4 years.

Professional Training College is properly a higher-education institution called "vocational school specialty course" with the aim of nurturing the skills necessary for occupation or actual life, or improving cultural heritage. Specifically, we provide education to acquire qualifications and skills directly connected with occupations.

Each Professional Training College Japan is divided into eight areas, each of which is classified as follows.

Field Academic details
Industrial field Construction · Construction · Automobile · Machine · Robot · Electric · Game · Computer
Agriculture field Agriculture · Landscaping · Flower business · Biotechnology · Biotechnology · Animal management
Medical field Nursing · physical therapy · occupational therapy · rehabilitation · dental hygiene · clinical examination
Hygiene field Nutrition · Cooking · Confection · Bakery · Barber · Beauty · Make · Esthetic · Nail
Education and social welfare fields Nursing care welfare · social welfare · senior citizen · child care · early childhood education
Commercial practice area Business · management · bookkeeping · accounting · accounting · trade · travel · sightseeing · hotel
Clothing / domestic affairs field Fashion · Kimono · Knitting · Handicraft · Stylist
Culture / education field Manga · Anime · Voice Actor · Music · Design · Photography · Interpreter · Pet

Although foreign students tend to relax the status of residence (visa) so that they can easily find employment in Japan after learning at a higher education institution in Japan, depending on the field, it corresponds to the occupation directly connected to learning Some occupations have no status of residence yet.

When deciding to go to university, it is good to imagine how you want to acquire skills and knowledge in your home country or want to get a job in Japan or how to work after graduation.


● Approved schools and unlicensed schools

When choosing a Professional Training College to take the exam, let's check whether the school is an accredited school ( Professional Training College ) or an unlicensed school.

The difference between accredited schools and unlicensed schools is whether they are approved by public authorities. Because unlicensed schools are not Japanese higher education institutions, we can not acquire the title of "professional" "advanced professional".

Professional Training College is a school that meets certain criteria determined by Japanese law and is approved by the prefectural governor, the Board of Education, and the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. Therefore, it is also called "authorized school".

Also, the name " Professional Training College " can be named only by an accredited school. However, because " Professional Training College " is not necessarily a name that must be attached, even a Professional Training College may be the name of a school such as ○ ○ academy or ○ ○ gakuen. Therefore, although the name is one of criteria for knowing whether it is an authorized school or not, please be careful as it can not be judged only by that.

As for the other differences, in the case of unlicensed schools, you can not use public scholarships, commuting regular school days, using student discounts, transferring to universities, entering graduate schools, etc.

However, because it is an accredited school, it is not a bad school because it is a good school, unlicensed school. There are schools that do high standards education even at unlicensed schools. As an advantage of being an unlicensed school, there is no restraint by the law concerning class hours, the number of instructors, achievements, school building etc, so we can prepare a free curriculum and learning environment.

> Search for " Professional Training College (accredited school)"

● Professional Training College and professional college (professional junior college) · Difference from junior college

Professional Training College and professional colleges (specialized junior colleges) and junior colleges are very similar in that they conduct specialized education that emphasizes practicality, but the merits of Professional Training College are as follows I will.

1: Flexible curriculum tailored to the times

For professional colleges and junior colleges whose installation standards are strictly set at the same level as universities, the attraction of Professional Training College is a flexible curriculum structure due to the high degree of freedom of institutions. It is relatively easy to change according to what the times demands, so you can acquire state-of-the-art technology and develop practical education.

2: Educational environment to which immediate fighting skills

In the case of Professional Training College, specialized education and practical training account for most of the lessons. In addition, guidance is mainly engineers who are experienced in practice and active in active service. Therefore, in terms of learning immediate fight among various higher education institutions, there is nothing better than Professional Training College. A strong connection with each industry via a leader closer to the site is also attractive.

3: Corporate collaboration by "professional practice specialized course"

In some departments at Professional Training College, there is a department that the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology has accredited as a "vocational practice specialized course".

The vocational practice specialized course is not the name of the department, but the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology that certifies to existing departments. Departments that are accredited in professional practice specialized courses work in cooperation with companies, etc., as well as demonstrations and practical training, as well as training on teaching practice not only for students, school evaluation by companies and others. By being evaluated from the outside, always a high level of education is practiced, and furthermore, from the viewpoint of the company side, we can do "training human resources wanted in the field". Please refer to one of the school choices as to whether there is a vocational practice specialized course.

> Find out about "junior college"

● Conditions necessary for enrolling in a Professional Training College

One of the following conditions must be satisfied.

1: Those who completed a 12-year course in school education in a foreign country

2: Those who have passed the academic ability certification test equivalent to the completion of 12 years in a foreign country and have reached the age of 18

3: In Japan, those who have completed a foreign school designated as foreign high school equivalent and have reached 18 years of age

4: Hold the Baccalaureate qualification of International Baccalaureate, Abitur, France, or who have reached the age of 18, who satisfy the results individually determined by the school on the GCEA level test

5: Those who have completed the 12-year course of educational facilities accredited by international evaluation groups (WASC, CIS, ACSI) and have reached the age of 18

6: Those who passed the high school degree of graduation degree examination and reached 18 years of age

7: Those who have acknowledged that there is equal academic ability equal to or higher than those who graduated from high school by individual examination of entrance qualification at school, those who reached 18 years of age

8: Any person who meets any of the conditions for admission other than those stated in the School Education Law

In case of courses less than 12 years for ※ 1 ~ 3, and if you have not completed the designated course in a foreign country, it is necessary to further complete the specified preparatory curriculum or the training facility of the training facility etc You might.

● Conditions for Professional Training College graduation and completion

Those who graduated after satisfying the following conditions are awarded the title "professional" or "advanced professional".

Expert Advanced specialist
Working Duration 2年以上 Over 4 years
class time Over 1,700 hours Over 3,400 hours
Certificate completion Evaluate grades by examination etc. and certify completion of course
Curriculum formation - The curriculum is organized systematically
After completion In the case of obtaining "specialist", admission to university is permitted In the case of obtaining "advanced professional", qualification for admission to graduate school is admitted

In addition to the academic ability test and the graduation production, attendance days etc. tend to be emphasized.

● Expenses for entering a Professional Training College

The table below is the average amount of Japanese-language Professional Training College 's first-year deliveries (Japanese students).

The first year delivery amount is the expenses for entering the entrance including entrance fee, tuition fee, facility and facility fee etc, and the amount displayed here is the cost before applying scholarship etc. .

Professional Training College for each, various scholarships and Tuition , such as in Japan exemptions of (30% to about full amount of tuition) Tuition because there is a system to support the burden, for more information check the web site of each school or, aspiring of Professional Training College please contact the.

private Industrial field ¥1,262,667
Agriculture field ¥1,221,000
Medical field ¥1,372,143
Hygiene field ¥1,487,250
Education and social welfare fields ¥1,159,500
Commercial practice area ¥1,142,972
Clothing / domestic affairs field ¥1,042,000
Culture / education field ¥1,142,667

Source: MEXT / JASSO (2018-2019 Student Guide to Japan)

Apart from those first-year payments, there are entrance examination fees at the time of application, travel expenses and staying expenses when coming to Japan from overseas, moving if you live near a Professional Training College you enroll And expenses for moving in are required.

Some scholarships can not be used for these, so you may want to examine what when and how much you will spend in addition to what you can put in school, and when and how much you can use the cost support system.

In addition, schools that allow joint application with universities and junior colleges are increasing.

Since you may be able to deliver enrollment procedures and enrollment fees after waiting for a university or junior college to announce the acceptance, be sure to check the due date of payment.

> Find out about 'scholarship'

● Documents necessary for Professional Training College application

Required documents to be submitted vary by each school. If the school is decided, please be sure to confirm necessary documents by application guidelines, website, direct inquiries etc.

Documents generally required for many Professional Training College entrance examinations are as follows. Documents that take time to publish and the time it takes for postings vary from region to region, so let's prepare with a margin.

1: Application for admission (designated by the school)

2: Certificate of graduation (prospective) of senior high school in your country

3: Transcript of the transcript of the final school in your country

4: Japanese Language Institution Attendance Rate / Transcripts (in the case of living in Japan)

5: Japanese Language Proficiency Certificate (in case of living abroad)

There is a tendency toward tolerance of Japanese language ability compared to other higher education institutions.

There are many Professional Training College that have the academic ability of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N2 (2nd grade) or more as conditions for filing applications, but some schools offer Japanese language support after enrolling even if they are N3 or less at the time of filing. If you are concerned about Japanese language ability, you may want to try searching for a school that is actively supporting such support.

There are many uses of AO entrance examinations and recommendation entrance examinations as characteristics of entrance examination of a Professional Training College . In the case of the AO entrance examination, participation in the open campus or the entrance examination should participate beforehand because advance participation in the open campus and the entrance examination is sometimes considered as the condition of the application (entrance examination entry).

● Contents of Entrance Examination at Professional Training College

Although it is also possible to take the same exam as Japanese examinees, there are cases where special exams for international students are carried out. Also, the content of the exam varies from school to school, but in many cases, a combination of the following will be done.

1: Document examination (application documents)

2: Achievement test

3: Interview

4: Writing

5: Aptitude test

6: Practical examination

7: Japanese Language Test

Every examination tends to be judged mainly about 'purpose consciousness', 'Japanese language ability and academic ability to be able to go about the class after enrollment' and 'motivation to study'.

● Search for Professional Training College that utilize educational seminars and websites

Japanese Professional Training College need to decide the department or course desired at the time of application.

Especially, the Professional Training College will learn specialized to the contents of the department and course, so that it is different from the learning content I thought ... ... so that I do not want to learn earlier from the field I would like to learn Compare whether the support system for international students is full, such as the department and course, what school to go to, what Scholarship Program and whether or not there is a dormitory, whether it is likely to be able to continue through It is important to investigate whether or not.

When studying what kind of school there is, it is important, as well as consulting with the teacher of the school that you are going to and the person you know, but you can search the school by specifying the conditions on the website like " アクセス日本留学 " Let's participate in the " Schools Guidance for International Students " where you can talk with the staff of the Professional Training College directly.

Then, if you find some schools you care about, you should take part in "Experience Enrollment" or "Open Campus" as much as possible and take a look at your own eyes. By actually going to school, you may see another appeal.

Every examination tends to be judged mainly about 'purpose consciousness', 'Japanese language ability and academic ability to be able to go about the class after enrollment' and 'motivation to study'.

> Join the briefing session for admission

> Search schools by specifying conditions

■ Recommended for those who read this article

【Examination Guide】 Japanese higher education institutions accepting international students

The person who wrote this article


アクセス日本留学Editorial Department.アクセス日本留学" where foreign students can request materials to find Japanese schools, and hold "advancement information sessions for foreign students".

  • Share
  • facebook
  • Twitter
  • LINE


Popular articles Popular articles